Followers

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Living a Courageous Life

 


Living a Courageous Life

The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare let go. - Richard Bach, Quote from Illusions (great book!)

Letting go sounds easy enough, but in reality it takes courage to take the risk and jump. 

A pivotal moment in my life came when I was a young mother and wife. I was 27 years old when my husband died. At the time of Dave's death we were living in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I had to make some tough choices at that time to carry on and raise my two daughters. I wanted to provide a bigger, perhaps better life for the three of us. Kim was 3 years old and Nichole was 9 months old. (They have grown into two of the most extraordinary women I know.)

It was time to start a new life. I searched my heart, did my research, prayed about my decision and then did the brave thing and moved us to the Bay Area of San Francisco, CA. It turned out to be the best decision of my life and for the three of us. That moment has become my biggest reference point when it comes to being courageous to take risks and move forward with confidence. That's not to say that fear doesn't come up, it does, but I don't let fear stop me...being brave in the face of fear.

There are moments in our lives where we have to take risks in order to grow. Living a courageous life will lead you to living a life you dreamed of. Once you make the decision and take the risk to move forward, courage follows. 

The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare let go.

I will let you in on a little secret,😉 I am turning 72 in November and I am just getting started, again!  In October, 2016 I made the move from the Bay Area, where I lived for 40 years, to now living in the Portland, Oregon area, I love it here! I love meeting new friends and I absolutely love being nearer to my family. My family is the shape of my heart. 

Take it from me, living your life on purpose and living a courageous life, is the bold thing to do and well-worth the journey.  
  • What are you most afraid will happen if you let go of the life that you know and try a new path, or explore new opportunities for growth?
  • Are you willing to step boldly and confidently into a future that lights your life?
 

Empowering women to find their passion is my passion. If you desire help, contact me via my online calendaring tool. I look forward to connecting with you! https://peggy2.youcanbook.me  

I am excited to share my new online course that addresses looking and feeling fabulous at every age and every stage of your life. Join my waitlist to be notified as to when the preview course will be offered.  See upcoming courses



No comments:

The Powerful Language of Clothing & Appearance

  Clothes are inevitable.  They are nothing less than the furniture of the mind made visible.  - James Laver, Style in Costume Your Image an...