Followers

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Hiding in Plain Sight


Are you hiding in plain sight?

A woman whom I coached had a nagging issue about the size of her hips. She hired me to help her choose the best wardrobe for her, but she said, "I really don't think we are going to have much luck because my hips are so big and that's a challenge. "At the store I laid out a selection of clothes to have her try. The one piece that drew up some emotions for her was trying on the white dress I chose. I encouraged her to give it a try. She mustered up the courage and went in and put it on. A few minutes later she came out with tears in her eyes. She was surprised at how good she felt and looked in the dress. She had always avoided wearing anything that accentuated any part of her hips, especially a white dress. She declared it the breakthrough outfit. That was the perfect dress for her, as it got her unstuck from "I can't, to wow, look at me, I can!"

What made the shift was her willingness to step outside of her comfort zone. It was more than buying a new wardrobe, it was a shift in her mindset about her body. She recognized that she was not allowing herself to show up as the powerful woman that she really is, hips and all. Although she hired me to help her with her wardrobe, the result was a breakthrough in how she showed up in life.

Many of us will hold ourselves back because we have gained weight or we have a constant negative assessment about a part of our body we wish would change. It's a form of body shaming ourselves.The opportunity is to love all of you - flaws, scars, aging, weight, height, all of it! You be the inspiration for others to do the same. That's my mission as well.


Empowering women to find their passion is my passion. If you desire help, contact me via my online calendaring tool. I look forward to connecting with you! https://peggy2.youcanbook.com

2 comments:

kim cherry said...

I love this!! We all need to remember to be brave and over come that nagging mindset that keeps us stuck!

Denise said...

Very inspiring. Imagine if she was unwilling to even try the dress on. She would never have experienced that break-through.

The Powerful Language of Clothing & Appearance

  Clothes are inevitable.  They are nothing less than the furniture of the mind made visible.  - James Laver, Style in Costume Your Image an...